Green Power Partnership
What is “Green Power”?
Green Power is an energy source category delineated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). These include renewable power sources that have been shown to be the most beneficial to the environment. Examples of Green Power include:
- Geothermal: heat and energy continuously produced from inside the Earth
- Biogas: renewable gaseous fuel from the breakdown of organic matter like food scraps and animal waste
- Biomass: renewable solid fuel from agricultural waste
- Low-Impact Hydropower: Hydroelectric projects that minimize their impact on the environment (such as hydro-electric dams that protect watershed health, provide safe passage for fish, etc.)
Becoming A Green Power Partner
Any company or organization (public or private) that uses over 100,000 kilowatt hours (kWh) of electricity can work to become a Green Power Partner. A minimum percentage of their power usage must come from green power sources:
- 100,000 - 1,000,000 kWh: 50%
- 1,000,001 - 10,000,000 kWh: 25%
- 10,000,001 - 100,000,000 kWh: 10%
- 100,000,000 + kWh : 7%
Partners must meet some additional requirements concerning their power facilities as well as complete a yearly update.
Redmond Minerals: A Green Power Partner
Ice Slicer is harvested from the Redmond Mine, an ancient sea mineral deposit located in central Utah. This rich mineral source is the foundation for a wide family of all natural Redmond Minerals products, enjoyed by many different industries.
Redmond Minerals is a proud Green Power Partner since 2016 (our partnership listing can be viewed here).
“Welcome to the Green Power Partnership! The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) applauds Redmond Minerals for choosing to use green power. By switching to renewable, zero-emissions electricity, your organization is reducing its carbon footprint, supporting the deployment of cleaner energy alternatives, and demonstrating to peers and stakeholders that green power is a key component of best practice environmental management.”
“Thank you again for your environmental leadership!” -Jeff Meltzer (ERG, Contractor to EPA's Green Power Partnership)
Our mine, offices, and all other facilities use approximately 2.5 million kWh of electricity each year. We are happy to announce that 99% of our usage is solar powered!
Here at Ice Slicer, we know that nature got it right. 200 million years of natural forces created this rich mineral deposit, and natural power sources provide the best way to harvest and share it. Click here to learn more about how Ice Slicer protects our environment